Common Questions Regarding Revenue Billing & Royalty Check Status

When are royalty checks issued?

Vinland Energy, LLC typically issues checks on the 25th of each month. Please allow time for postal delivery.

What should I do if I do not receive my royalty check?

A frequent reason for not receiving a royalty check is that your account has not reached the "minimum pay" status. Vinland Energy, LLC remits revenue to you once your account balance exceeds $100 or has accumulated for one year, whichever occurs first. Occasionally, payments are held due to title matters that create uncertainty due to ownership - such as notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest, or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released with the matter affecting ownership has been resolved. If your check is more than two weeks late, please contact our Revenue Billing Department at (859) 264-9544 [EXT 113].

I usually receive an ANNUAL payment from Vinland Energy, LLC. What should I do if I haven't received my ANNUAL payment?

Please contact our Land Department at (859) 264-9544 [EXT 117].

How do I change my address?

Please mail change of address requests to the address listed below. Don't forget to sign the request and include an effective date. Address changes CANNOT be handed by telephone - a signed written request is required. You may email signed and completed forms to or use the address listed below.

Click here to download the Change or Address Form (PDF)

Send completed forms to:
Vinland Energy, LLC
2704 Old Rosebud Road, Suite 320
Lexington, KY 40509

What are stale-dated checks?

Revenue checks are non-negotiable after 90 days. Bank fees may be incurred if you attempt to deposit a stale-dated check. Vinland Energy, LLC will void stale-dated checks on a quarterly basis and reissue stale-dated checks once your account balance exceeds $100.00 or has accumulated for one year.

I have lost my check, what do I do?

Please contact our Revenue Billing Department at (859) 264-9544 [EXT 113] for assistance in getting a lost check re-issued.